I am exhausted from playing in the dirt. I don’t know what Chester could have possibly done that would have exhausted her. Of course, just being a cat in this household is an exhausting job!
I finished this dress the first week in May. I found this fabric in the clearance area at Hobby Lobby and I knew that I wanted to use it for a dress. When all was said and done I really wasn’t happy with this one. The ribbon that I used around the ruffle had an open-weave pattern that kept getting caught on my presser foot. Jay thinks that it looks elegant, but I was just soured by the issue I had with the ribbon.
This one was made the second week of May. The fabric was another find at Hobby Lobby. It has almost a yellow-green paisley look going on. I should take better pictures of the lighter-colored dresses, I guess.
This was the last dress that I made. I’ve been busy prepping gardens and weeding, so I haven’t made it back into my sewing room since before Memorial Day.
I’ve used this fabric on a dress before, but I believe that I used brown lace on that one. This time I had some cotton crocheted lace that I thought would really set it off.