I forgot to post an update last month so I’ll post two update pictures today.
Here is what I had completed as of 3-22-17:
This is my update as of 4-18-17:
In the meantime I also worked on a sewing project for my cross stitch. I was tired of dealing with all the extra fabric that is required for these crosses.
That’s what I call the pieces of fabric that I use under the clamps to 1) keep them tighter on the cross stitching fabric and b) I pull on the fabric to remove the clamps when I need to move my piece in the frame.
Using some scraps from my material I cut four piece and serged along the edges. I don’t use needle minders, either. When I need to place my needle somewhere it always goes in the top Q-snap helper along the edge. This way when I pick up my frame I always know which side is the top.
Then I made what is referred to as a grime guard:
I followed a set of directions that I found online. It worked out okay, but I think next time I’m going to make it slightly wider and perhaps a little longer. This works, but it’s a bit snug. It’s doing the job of keeping my fabric under control, so that’s all I care about!